Step by Step is seeking skilled mental health counselors for residential programs. The Lehigh Valley Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor 2 assists individuals with Mental Health diagnoses by providing skills teaching, guidance, direction and support through direct interactions and services, documentation, community integration activities, and other related duties.
We require flexibility. Must possess a valid driver’s license with nor more than 2 at fault accidents, no suspensions or revocations and no DUI convictions. Having a CPRP is a PLUS!
Must have schedule flexibility including weekends and holidays.
- Develops skill related goals in socialization, vocational, self-determination, ADL’s and disability management.
- Evaluates and monitors the progress of the individuals.
- Provides guidance, direction, support and monitoring for individuals during crises/emergencies and follows Agency procedures in providing assistance.
- Develops, coordinates, and monitors housekeeping schedules with individuals receiving services and staff.
- Facilitates menu planning group with individuals receiving services with emphasis on nutrition and developing grocery supply list.
- Coordinates and assists during all mealtime activities.
- Facilitates individual’s involvement with maintaining housekeeping supplies.Qualifications (Education and/or Experience for non-specialized sites):
- Bachelor’s Degree or
- Associate’s Degree or sixty (60) credits in a related human service field, and one (1) year relevant prior employment experience; or
- High school diploma and two (2) years progressive employment responsibility in a human service agency.
- Come to our office to fill out an application M-F, 8A-4P. We are located at 623 W Union Blvd. (lower level, rear entrance) Bethlehem PA 18018.