- Bachelor’s Degree and eighteen months experience in the mental health field or developmental disability field; or
- Associate’s Degree in a related human service field, or 60 credits in a related field of study, and three years experience in the mental health field or developmental disability field.
Must be willing and able to work overtime, weekends, holidays, day and evening shifts. Flexibility is a must. Must be able to fulfill primary on call responsibilities. This position mandates various shift assignments, operating on a 24 hour a day, seven days per week schedule where employees are subject to both voluntary and involuntary overtime.
- Provides direct supervision of Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor 1 positions and Mental Health Recovery Specialist positions with weekly documented face-to-face contact.
- Ensures all Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Staff are following the Principles of Psychiatric Rehabilitation, CSP/CASSP Principles and are following a Recovery Model; Coaches and counsels staff on these principles.
- Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates the individual’s culture into the rehabilitative plan to promote recovery.
- Identifies and teaches staff to identify individuals’ strengths, needs and areas that need development or improvement.
- Establishes and maintains written/verbal communication with inter and intra-agency staff in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Attends and participates in inter and intra-agency case staffings, conferences, etc.
- Actively participates in interviewing and selection of new employees.
- Facilitates complete orientation training for all Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselors 1.
- Provides on-site role modeling.
- Participates in supervisory review of all residential schedules to ensure adequate site coverage and maximum service delivery.
- Fulfills on-call responsibilities, including assuming the primary responsibilities and training and monitoring employees in the On-call procedures.
- Ensures the exterior/interior of the home is clean and attractive.
- Assists the Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Supervisor in assuring the program meets all local, state, federal, and fire and safety requirements at all times.
- Ensures a healthy and safe environment for the site.
- Follows-up and monitors due dates for documentation.
- Reviews individual’s documentation for: accuracy, timeliness, writing quality, consumer driven, reason for referral reflected, measurable, show progress, consistency between documents and psychosocial principles.
- Ensures compliance with all state/county and Management Oversight regulations.
- Adjusts leadership to meet the needs of individual employees and the team.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of outcomes measures to monitor program effectiveness. Implements program improvements based on the information received.
- Attends and participates in assigned Agency/program committees.
- With the direction of the Residential Psychiatric Rehabilitation Supervisor, develops and maintains liaison with inter-agency supervisory personnel.
- Ensures oversight and coordination of health related needs of individuals with community health care providers.
- Ensures case coordination of individuals, providing linkages to community services of the individual’s choice.
- Continues education and keeps current with information relevant to the recovery of persons with mental illness and drug and alcohol issues.