LOOKING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES? Step By Step, Inc. is in search of a Medical Services Coordinator.
This position is responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing health care service to persons who reside in Step By Step, Inc., residential facilities.
- Assessing the need for nursing intervention and developing health care plans for program participants.
- Train program participants and staff to implement health care planning.
- Work within the interdisciplinary team to ensure optimum quality care.
- Restores and promotes program participant’s health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and agency and/or regulatory standards.
- Resolves program participant’s problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects program participants and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Document program participant’s care services by charting in patient and agency records.
- Maintains continuity among team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains health supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Current certification as a Registered Nurse with at least 5 years of nursing experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record