LOOKING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF ADULTS WITH DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES? Step By Step, Inc. is in search of a Registered Nurse.
This position is responsible for:
- Coordinating and implementing health care services to persons who reside in Step By Step, Inc., residential facilities.
- Assessing the need for nursing intervention and developing health care plans for program participants.
- Train program participants and staff to implement health care planning.
- Work within the interdisciplinary team to ensure optimum quality care.
- Restores and promotes program participants’ health by completing the nursing process.
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team members.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and agency and/or regulatory standards.
- Resolves program participants’ problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects program participants and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; medication administration and storage procedures; and controlled substance regulations.
- Document program participant’s care services by charting in patient and agency records.
- Maintains continuity among team members by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains health supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information and participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Current certification as a Registered Nurse with at least 5 years of nursing experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.