Are you interested in working with adults diagnosed with a mental health disorder and assisting them with gaining skills to live successfully in the community of their choice? We have just what you need to step up in the position!
We are in search of caring, understanding, and compassionate people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to adults with mental health disorders. The Psych Rehab Counselor supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as a Psych Rehab Counselor but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $16.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid training
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays for full-time
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Role models and implements psycho-social rehabilitation philosophy and principles while assisting individuals in their recovery inclusive of reestablishing roles in the community, developing support networks and increasing quality of life.
- Recognizes, appreciates and incorporates the individual’s culture into the rehabilitative plan to promote recovery.
- Ensures the cleanliness and safety of the site, both inside and outside, while assisting and teaching individuals.
- Assumes the defined responsibilities for on-call as shift filler.
Available shifts: Various hours available. Including but not limited to evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
Successful Candidates Will:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, political affiliation, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.