Are you in search of a challenging career where your work can influence people with disabilities and other professional’s lives? Do you enjoy working with individuals to learn pre-vocational skills? Step into this position to make a change!
We are looking for caring and diligent people with a passion for serving individuals with developmental disabilities in a community setting. Homes are located in Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $18.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Develops, monitors and distributes H&CH staff schedules at least one week in advance of the work week. Ensures all employees are aware of their schedules.
- Assures that employee schedules reflects required trainings and meetings they are to attend, and adjusts schedules for cancellations.
- Reviews documentation of program participant services for: accuracy, timeliness, writing quality, consumer driven, habilitative outcome reflected, measurable, outcome progress, and consistency between documents.
- Participates in the development and implementation of individual assessments and individual habitation plans which include goals, both formal and informal, service objectives and behavioral plans of support. These are designated to improve the social and emotional well-being, as well as the self-care skills, of program participants.
- Full- time status.
- All applicants must be available to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays.
All Team members must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with Intellectual disabilities
- have no prohibited criminal offenses
- possess a valid driver’s license with no suspension or points within the past 3 years
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.