Are you in search of a challenging career where your work can influence people with disabilities and other professional’s lives? Are you interested in working with individuals with mental health disorders and involvement with the criminal justice system? Then STEP up to this position!
We are looking for caring and diligent people with a passion for serving individuals with mental health disorders and involved with the criminal justice system residing is a specialized program in a community setting. This program is located in Allentown, PA.
What we can offer you:
- Hourly rate of $25.00
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Ensures the provision and implementation of specialized services.
- Ensures that the residential unit is maintained and operated in a safe, secure, and lawful manner.
- Supervises the daily activity and needs of the program participants.
- Supervises the provision of upkeep, maintenance, and supplies required for the physical facility, preparation, and recording of menus, expenses, daily communications, activities, medication, and daily program participant records.
- Provide group and individual therapy to individuals in the service.
- Coordinate services with external providers including law enforcement, crisis intervention, county liaison.
- Full- time status.
- All applicants must be available to work varied shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must have knowledge and experience with crisis management and de-escalation.
- Preferred knowledge of Trauma-Informed Care, including but not limited to Inclusion, increasing Resiliency, and system-based trauma.
All Team members must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- Master’s degree in a generally recognized clinical discipline and 2 years of mental health clinical experience.
- Must be registered, licensed or certified to practice their profession if that profession is governed by a registration, licensing or certification board in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- have no prohibited criminal offenses
- possess a valid driver’s license with no suspension or points within the past 3 years
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.