The Program Service Assistant performs clerical work of moderate complexity which requires the utilization of typing/computer skills. This position reports directly to the Office Manager.
The following Essential Functions will be assigned/distributed by the Office Manager:
- Responsible for typing and distribution of correspondence/memorandums for the region’s management team.
- Sends ISP meeting documentation to Interdisciplinary Teams (meeting invitations, declination letters, assessments…etc.) Ensures copies of all documentation are kept in consumer files.
- Tracks status of EIM reports and communicates information pertaining to incident closures, extensions or disapproved incidents with appropriate management personnel.
- Updates various site forms and consumer information forms.
- Copies and distributes vehicle inspection reports to sites. Submits original vehicle inspection report to the Director of Property/Risk Management.
- Provides copies of forms to sites as requested.
- Copies, distributes and files correspondence and memorandums.
- Collects, reviews and copies weekly timesheets.
- Responsible for data entry of various staff and consumer information.
- Copies training materials (Staff Effectiveness Training, Safety Techniques, Medication Administration Training, Driver Training, First Aid/CPR, etc.) as required.
- Designs and/or revises forms as requested.
- Prepares and designs flyers, brochures and posters for special events as requested.
- Assists with maintenance of consumer files for all non-residential programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs receptionist duties inclusive of answering phones courteously and greeting visitors courteously.
- Responds to situations in which guests, visitors and callers need immediate assistance by remaining calm, responding professionally and connecting the individual in need with the appropriate person and/or information required.
- Prepares Agency mail for delivery.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Acts as a back up to receptionist position.
(Education and/or Experience/Physical Demands/Other Skills and Abilities)
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma/GED equivalent and 1-2 years previous clerical/secretarial experience in a professional office setting.
- Lifting: Must be capable of lifting 5-10 pounds to transport files or supplies.
- Bending/Reaching: Must be able to reach and bend in order to file paperwork and retrieve supplies.
- Sitting: Must be able to sit for long periods of time in order to complete typing requirements.
- Standing: Must be able to stand for 30 minute periods to perform copying requirements.
- Must be able to set up rooms for meetings or trainings inclusive of moving tables and chairs, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must complete 12 hours of training in each calendar year.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to arrive at creative solutions to problems.
- Must maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times in order to remain open and accessible to all co-workers, management staff, and outside contacts.
- Must be able to type and to operate a personal computer.
- Must be able to operate a copy machine, fax machine and mail machine.
- Must be able to operate the Western Region phone system.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency and be insurable under Step By Step’s insurance carrier’s regulations.
- Must be willing and able to attend conferences, seminars, trainings and meetings as instructed and serve on an Agency committees if requested.
- Must be knowledgeable of Agency services, policies and procedures.
- Must adhere to Professional Standards as set forth by the Agency and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must complete required training in accordance with the Agency Training Matrix.
- Must actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.