Are you looking for a job where you can use your skills to engage individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities while coordinating appointments and activities? Step up to this positing as we have what you are looking for!
We are in search of flexible, comprehensive, and compassionate people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to adults with Developmental Disabilities. The Program Coordinator supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as a Program Coordinator but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $16.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Coordinates, arranges and completes provisions for specialized services as identified in the individual habilitation plan and individual needs as they occur, such as medical and dental care, speech and psychotherapy.
- Provides guidance, direction, training and assignments to Direct Support Staff.
- Initiates, encourages and supervises social and recreational activities, both at the residential program and within the community.
- Assists and monitors in the routine tasks necessary to provide support services to program participants, i.e. meal preparation/clean-up, household cleaning, laundry, bed-making, etc. and provides a safe and secure environment, both within the site and while driving the agency vehicle. Responsible for menus, daily communication, activities, medication and daily program participant records.
- Transports program participants to various locations such as day program, doctor/clinic appointments, recreational activities, etc.
Location of available shifts: We are hiring in Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Our homes are located in Bethlehem, Allentown, Northampton, Bath and Nazareth
Available shifts: Various hours available. Including but not limited to evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays. Every other weekend is required.
All Team Members must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.