Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation Peer Specialist
This position assists peers in the recovery process of goal setting and identifying community supports among other self-help strategies.
The Peer Specialist functions as a role model and facilitator providing direction and support.
As much as possible, peer staff will share their own recovery stories and will demonstrate how they have directed their own recovery process.
Submit an application by clicking below left…..Apply Online button.
What we can offer you:
· Starting salary of $13.50 per/hour
· $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
· Weekly pay
· Work/life balance
· Paid training / free training
· Participate in activities while working with the people you support
· Generous vacation & sick leave
· Premium holiday pay
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Short-term and accident insurance
· Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost
· Retirement plan (401k)
· Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
· Over-time pay
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
All Team Members must:
· be 18 years of age or older
· have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
· possess a high school diploma or GED
· have no prohibitive criminal offenses
· be available to work on weekends and holidays
Candidate should be an effective communicator, with experience in documentation and collaboration.
In addition, she/he must have;
Peer Specialist Certification, or completion within 6 months of hire date,
Minimum of 12 months successful, paid or voluntary related work experience within the past three years,
or 24 credit hours of post-secondary education,
Valid drivers license.
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, political affiliation, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.