Work with a team providing guidance and supervisor. In this position, you will supervisor Outpatient Counselors and have a small caseload of your own. This dynamic team works specifically with individuals diagnosed with either a mental health disorder, or a co-occurring disorder of mental health and substance use disorders.
- Master’s Degree in medicine, chemical dependency, psychology, social work, counseling, nursing (with a clinical specialty in administration or human services), or other related field; and
- Two (2) years of clinical experience in a health or human service agency, which includes at least one (1) year of working with the chemically dependent and/or mentally ill.
- Provides on-site supervision of the Outpatient Mental Health and D&A services in the Lehigh Valley Region.
- Ensures completion of assessments of the Outpatient Mental Health and D&A clients.
- Ensures individualized services.
- Ensures timely and accurate case records in accordance with Agency’s Clinical Records Policy and Statement on Confidentiality and according to the state offices of mental health (OMHSAS) and drug and alcohol (DDAP) according to behavioral health standards of HealthChoices and CARF.
- Provides on-going psycho-social educational groups/community meetings with specific focus on drug and alcohol issues relative to the program.
- Supervises clinical staff/interns for the mental health and drug and alcohol services.
- Provides on-going clinical supervision of clinical staff/interns for the mental health and drug and alcohol services.
- Provides group, individual and family counseling of clients needing alcohol and other drug and/or mental health services.
- Assists the Director of Outpatient Services in the development, implementation, and on-going supervision of the Mental Health and D&A programs.
- Assists the Director of Outpatient Services and the D&A Bookkeeper/ Receptionist in the management of the outpatient program site (physical plant).
- Assists the Director of Outpatient Services in policy and procedure revisions, development of forms and communication of information to staff as required by the Agency, OMHSAS, DDAP, County D&A services or HealthChoices.
- Assists with compiling reports, statistics and all data required for the on-going evaluation of the program with major focus on clinical services, including follow-up information on clients served in the program.
- Works cooperatively with the psychiatric consultant to insure treatment plans are effective and that each client’s mental health needs are adequately addressed.
- Attends and participates in Regional Supervisor meetings, planning meetings and other committees or meetings that are deemed appropriate by the Director of Outpatient Services.
- Provides training and consultation for Mental Health and D&A staff in clinical issues, D&A issues, and mental health issues, as well as dual diagnosis issues.
- Provides training on evidenced-based practices; such as motivational interviewing and trauma-informed care.
What we can offer you? Click here to view our Exceptional Benefit Package!