Work with a team providing support to 8 individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities. Provide the best of care with a team of outstanding professionals in a home-like setting.
This position mandates various shift assignments, operating on a 24 hour a day, seven days per week schedule where employees are subject to both voluntary and involuntary overtime.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for nursing and other direct care duties of program participants.
- Responsibilities include a share in the work load for that shift.
- Performs nursing functions, which include but are not limited to the following: gastric feeding, insertion of tubes, suctioning of program participants, etc.
- Responsible to stay until relieved by a licensed professional staff person if a program participant(s) who requires on-going nursing intervention is present at the facility. If there are any questions regarding what requires nursing intervention, the nurse on-call should be contacted.
- Assists in the routine tasks necessary to provide support services to program participants, i.e. meal preparation/clean-up, household cleaning, laundry, bed-making, etc. to provide a safe and secure environment. This includes notification of site damages and needed repairs.
- Initiates, encourages and supervises social and recreational activities, both at the residential program and within the community.
- All full-time Nurses must participate in the operation of a 24-hour, 7-day-per week on-call system in the project area. Part-time Nurses may be required to participate in the operation of the on-call system.
- High School diploma/GED
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- Possession of a current certificate as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse by written examination, as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners. Individuals who are licensed without examination under the provisions of the Practical Nurse Law, approved March 2, 1956, and as amended, will have met this requirement if they pass a qualifying examination administered by the State Civil Service Commission.