Work with a team providing support to 8 individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities. Provide the best of care with a team of outstanding professionals in a home-like setting. Hours vary according to the needs of the program and individuals. This site is located in the Nazareth area, Northampton County.
We are in search of energetic, patient, and compassionate people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to adults with Developmental Disabilities. The DSS supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as a DSS but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
- LPN – $22.50 RN -$32.20
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Notes and initials all physicians’ orders, records orders at the time received and follows through as required.
- Prepares and administers, as per physician’s orders, the following: hypodermic injections, oral and topical medications.
- Assists in the routine tasks necessary to provide support services to program participants, i.e. meal preparation/clean-up, household cleaning, laundry, bed-making, etc. to provide a safe and secure environment. This includes notification of site damages and needed repairs.
- Initiates, encourages and supervises social and recreational activities, both at the residential program and within the community.
- All full-time Nurses must participate in the operation of a 24-hour, 7-day-per week on-call system in the project area. Part-time Nurses may be required to participate in the operation of the on-call system.
Location of available shifts: We are hiring in Nazareth, PA.
Available shifts: Various hours available. Including but not limited to evenings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
All Team Members must:
- be 18 years of age or older
- have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
- possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possession of a current certificate as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse by written examination, as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners. Individuals who are licensed without examination under the provisions of the Practical Nurse Law, approved March 2, 1956, and as amended, will have met this requirement if they pass a qualifying examination administered by the State Civil Service Commission
- have no prohibitive criminal offenses
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.