Work with a team that is dedicated to those who are being served in a home-like setting. Enjoy time with those in services participating in activities, creating and updating their personal goals and work with a team to provide the best support and encouragement possible.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Assists individuals in reestablishing roles in the community, developing support networks and increasing the quality of life.
- Provides smooth transition for individuals from State and Community Hospitals into community living.
- Assists individuals with setting and attaining personal recovery goals in coordination with the Psychiatric Rehabilitation Team.
- Provides peers and family members information on support resources available through groups and organizations in the Lehigh Valley.
- Models coping techniques and self-help strategies.
- Reinforces the potential for recovery to individuals and others.
- Assists individuals by helping them navigate the community Mental Health system through the sharing of personal stories designed for role modeling and mentoring.
- Helps individuals through accompaniment/assistance in developing social skills, interests and leisure time activities in the community. Must be available to provide services to individuals where and when these services are needed. This includes requests of both an emergency and non-emergency nature and will necessitate evening and weekend availability on the part of the staff. This will be accomplished through flexible working schedules and through participation in an on-call system.
- Promotes participation in Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) planning among individuals.
- Completes all required documentation for every individual encounter.
- Completes all required activity and other reports.
- Provides support with cooking, shopping, cleaning, laundry and other daily activities.
- Provides transportation to appointments and community outings as needed.
- High school diploma
- Must have experience/involvement in a Mental Health System as a recipient of services
- Must have a minimum of 12 months successful, paid or voluntary, fulltime or part-time work experience within the past three years or;
- 24 credit hours of post secondary education within the past three years.