Work with a team providing support to 8 individuals diagnosed with mental health disorders. Provide the best of care with a team of outstanding professionals in a home-like setting. Hours vary according to the needs of the program and individuals. This site is located in the Allentown, Lehigh County.
Hourly rate ranges from $22.50/hr for LPN, $32.20/h for RN!
This position mandates various shift assignments, operating on a 24 hour a day, seven days per week schedule where employees are subject to both voluntary and involuntary overtime.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for nursing and other direct care duties of individuals in service.
- Responsibilities include a share in the work load for that shift.
- Performs nursing functions, which include but are not limited to the following: medication coordination with all treatment entities, following doctor’s orders with all prescribed treatments, assessment and evaluation of medical and psychiatric progress and reporting appropriate information as it presents.
- Responsible to stay until relieved by another staff person.
- Assists in the routine tasks necessary to provide support services to consumers, i.e. meal preparation/clean-up, household cleaning, laundry, bed-making, etc. to provide a safe and secure environment. This includes notification of site damages and needed repairs.
- Initiates, encourages and supervises social and recreational activities, both at the residential program and within the community.
- Participates in the implementation of the Residential Service Plan, which includes goals the consumer designed to improve his/her social/emotional well-being and self-care skills.
- Ensures coordination of Behavioral Health and Physical Health services.
- Assists in coordinating, arranging and completing provisions for specialized services as identified in the Residential Service Plan and individual needs as they occur, such as medical and dental care, speech and psychotherapy.
- High School diploma/GED
- Clear and valid driver’s license
- Possession of a current certificate as a licensed practical nurse or registered nurse by written examination, as issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nurse Examiners. Individuals who are licensed without examination under the provisions of the Practical Nurse Law, approved March 2, 1956, and as amended, will have met this requirement if they pass a qualifying examination administered by the State Civil Service Commission.