Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in others’ lives while providing assistance to skills teaching? Well, look no further!
We are in search of knowledgeable, detailed oriented and empathetic people to work in a cohesive team to assist and guide the intake process for adults with mental health disorders. The Intake Counselor supports those in the beginning of the process to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as an Intake Counselor but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $17.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Generous vacation & sick leave & 11 paid holidays
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, and parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Assesses the applicants’ needs in order to recommend an action regarding possible acceptance for services.
- Interprets and defines the nature and conditions for service of Step By Step, Inc.
- Facilitates the communication of all members involved in the intake process to assess the referred individual’s needs and strengths.
- Facilitates necessary arrangements prior to consumer placement.
- Evaluates strengths and needs of the outpatient consumers via the level of care assessment process to assure a positive introduction to services and to establish individuals program direction.
Location of available shifts: This position assists with the Intakes for both Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Available shifts: This position works primarily Monday – Friday between the hours of 8a-5p. Some weekend, evening and site work may be required.
All Team Members must:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid and insurable Driver’s License
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, or
- High School Diploma/GED and 60 college credits in social services or related field and 2 years direct care experience in behavioral health, or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years direct care experience in behavioral health.
- Must be able to work with individuals with a severe and chronic mental illness.
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.