Work on the starting end of the journey into our group homes. This dynamic team works to place adults into group homes, Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services or into our Outpatient Facility. This job is performed in the Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Salary ranges from $13.17-$15.28 pending on verified work experience, education above and beyond minimum requirements and specific licenses/certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services, or
- High School Diploma/GED and 60 college credits in social services or related field and 2 years direct care experience in behavioral health, or
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years direct care experience in behavioral health.
- Must be able to work with individuals with a severe and chronic mental illness.
- Assesses the referral/applicants’ needs in order to recommend an action regarding possible acceptance for services.
- Interprets and defines the nature and conditions for service of Step By Step, Inc.
- Established eligibility for services.
- Facilitates the referral process and program placement.
- Facilitates necessary arrangements prior to consumer placement.
- Completes documentation required for intakes, including but not limited to the bio-psychosocial and necessary releases of information.
- Evaluates strengths and needs of the outpatient consumers via the level of care assessment process to assure a positive introduction to services and to establish individuals program direction.
- Maintains clear communications with both inter and intra-agency staff in reference to intake functions:
- Participates in inter and intra-agency meetings during the referral placement process.
- Participates in interdisciplinary meetings in order to provide service information as it relates to the Agency’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in providing training to other agencies as an orientation to Step By Step, Inc.’s services.
- Establishes and maintains the defined documentation requirement:
- Completes intake packets prior to consumer’s date of entry.
- Compiles Initial Summary/Interval Summary.
- Maintains defined statistical information.