The Direct Support Staff (DSS) assists in maintaining the overall care and support of assigned program participants with mental and/or physical challenges in their homes and the community. The In-Home and Community Support (IHCS) Program provides such support in a defined geographical service area. Services are provided in Philadelphia, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties. The DSS assigned to IHCS also:
- Participates in the development of habilitation goals geared to the specific needs and abilities of the individuals.
- Completes daily case notes.
- Supervises and assists in the daily activities of program participants.
- Ensure the highest quality of service is delivered and is in compliance with policy and procedures and regulations.
- Actively supervises and assists in the resolution of crisis situations.
What we can offer you:
• Starting salary of $17.12 per/hour
• $2000 sign-on bonus
• Employee referral bonus
• Work/life balance
• Paid trainings / free trainings
• Competitive wages
• Paid to participate in activities while with the people you support
• Generous vacation & sick leave (full-time)
• Premium holiday pay
• Health, dental, and vision insurance (full-time)
• Short-term and accident insurance (full-time)
• Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost (full-time)
• Retirement plan
• Flexible spending account (full-time)
• Over-time pay
• Verizon and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides support to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent. The DSS supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
Location of available shifts:
Our homes are located in Delaware Philadelphia, and Montgomery Counties.
Available shifts: Part-time/day and evening shifts.
All Team Members must:
• be 18 years of age or older
• have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
• possess a high school diploma or GED
• have no prohibitive criminal offenses
• be available to work on weekends and holidays
Apply Online today, Join our Team!!
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.