Do you have knowledge of basic household repairs? Do you enjoy managing and overseeing household repairs? Then step up to this position!
We are looking for hardworking, knowledgeable and professional individual who has work experience completing home repairs or construction to oversee and complete site repairs and maintenance within the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh/Northampton Counties) area.
What we can offer you:
- Starting salary of $17.00 per/hour
- $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
- Weekly pay
- Work/life balance
- Paid trainings / free trainings
- Participate in activities while working with the people you support
- Generous vacation, sick leave, and 11 paid holidays
- Premium holiday pay
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and accident insurance
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible spending account (dependent care, medical expenses, parking/transit)
- Verizon, AT&T, and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
The essential function of the position includes the following:
- Scope of duties includes assisting with maintenance repair and sanitation of all Step By Step, Inc. Lehigh Valley Region owned properties.
- Performs and assists with building and office maintenance and repair that does not require a professional license (general and repair painting, installing/repairing drywall, patching, minor plumbing repairs, general carpentry, installation of household items, changing furnace filters, removing window air conditioning units, etc.).
- Schedules and meets with contractors to obtain bids for renovations as requested by supervisor or director.
- Grounds: Performs and assists with general cleanliness, neatness. Performs lawn and landscape care, snow removal on sidewalks and general access areas. Contracts for plowing. Cleans gutters.
- Responsible for on-call responsibilities for maintenance emergencies at the above facilities.
- Full- time status.
- The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. However, schedule may vary based upon agency needs such as weather conditions, emergencies, projects, etc. Job functions are performed indoors and outdoors in various types of weather and conditions.
All Team members must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED
- At least four years of experience in construction or in an all-purpose handyman job.
- have no prohibited criminal offenses
- possess a valid driver’s license with no suspension or points within the past 3 years
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.