Work with a small team ensuring the safety of various sites and maintenance for these sites within the Lehigh Valley (Lehigh/Northampton Counties) area. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. However, schedule may vary based upon agency needs such as weather conditions, emergencies, projects, etc. Job functions are performed indoors and outdoors in various types of weather and conditions. Work on buildings includes work in apartments, in homes, in hallways, basements, attics and garages. Some work will occur in office areas. Driving agency vehicle/own vehicle is essential.
Hourly rate range is $17.00/hr with a great benefit package!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (include but are not limited to):
- Scope of duties includes assisting with maintenance repair and sanitation of all Step By Step, Inc. Lehigh Valley Region owned properties.
- Performs and assists with building and office maintenance and repair that does not require a professional license (general and repair painting, installing/repairing drywall, patching, minor plumbing repairs, general carpentry, installation of household items, changing furnace filters, removing window air conditioning units, etc.).
- Schedules and meets with contractors to obtain bids for renovations as requested by supervisor or director.
- Grounds: Performs and assists with general cleanliness, neatness. Performs lawn and landscape care, snow removal on sidewalks and general access areas. Contracts for plowing. Cleans gutters.
- Safety: Schedules checks of fire safety, emergency systems and security systems. Maintains records of system checks. Performs fire drills as required.
- Must have working knowledge of all security and fire alarm systems operating within the Lehigh Valley Region in order to conduct equipment tests on a regular basis.
- Must follow safety guidelines of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when needed.
- Reports lease and guideline violations by tenants to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Establishes effective communication and a good working relationship with all Lehigh Valley Region Directors and Managers.
- Maintains good communications daily through Agency provided cell phone. Communicates location and activity to supervisor throughout the workday.
- Responsible for on-call responsibilities for maintenance emergencies at the above facilities.
- Must possess a high school diploma/GED equivalent and a minimum of 4 years experience in construction or in an all-purpose handyman job.