The Funds Coordinator ensures a smooth operational flow of financial matters in the Western Regional Office and provides support to the programs by aiding and supporting the Director of Developmental Disability Services. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Operations-Western Region who reviews work for effectiveness and adherence to program policies and procedures.
Based on the needs of the Agency, the Essential Functions of this position may change and be replaced with other duties.
Maintains the complete consumer benefits program as follows:
- Maintains and reconciles monthly, all consumer bank accounts (or collective account).
- Completes required agency forms monthly.
- Responds to cash needs of all consumers by processing requests for consumer funds.
- Trains staff on petty cash procedures.
- Distributes petty cash to Agency designee and reimburses accounts after receiving proper receipts.
- Writes checks for vendors as needed.
- Rectifies accounts with bank statements.
- Prepares documentation for the Fiscal Department to receive reimbursement to the petty cash account.
- Maintains an adequate balance in the account for emergency purchases ($1,000).
- Maintains and monitors Regional Office charge cards ensuring proper use by authorized staff for authorized purchases.
- Acts as the liaison to the Representative Payees of consumers.
- Functions as the contact person with the Fiscal Department regarding purchasing and consumer funds. Interacts as needed with both the Fiscal Department and the Human Resources Department.
- Assists with special projects as directed.
- Coordinates all site utility and cable services for existing and new locations.
- Oversees all fiscal filing in the Regional Office.
- Maintains a central financial filing system to include consumer files.
- Completes and processes Annual Room and Board Agreement.
- Completes and processes rent rebate applications.
- Completes consumer liability process and ensures updated Room and Board Contracts are completed as needed.
- Processes Waiver renewals and PA 162s
- Completes Representative Payee requests and related documentation.
- Oversees burial reserve accounts.
- Oversees regional grocery shopping activities, including the timely submission of receipts to the fiscal department.
- Acts as a back up to Data Entry Specialist.
- Other duties as assigned.
(Education and/or Experience/Physical Demands/Other Skills and Abilities)
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Three years of experience as a Bookkeeper or Accounts Manager which includes hands-on, accurate, detailed work including computer experience.
- Lifting: Must be physically able to receive and distribute mail and office supplies.
- Twisting: Must be physically capable of performing activities in an office environment.
- Bending: Must be physically capable of performing the following bending activities: loading copier, picking up dropped items, operating the mail machine, etc.
- Sitting: Must be physically capable of sitting to perform the following duties: Record keeping, talking on the telephone and operating computer.
- Walking: Must be physically capable of performing the following activities: Walking within a 2,500 square foot office, distributing messages, buying office supplies, attending meetings, etc.
- Standing: Must be physically capable of standing in order to update the message board and to perform general office duties.
- Climbing: Must be physically able to climb up and down one flight of stairs in order to gain access to the second floor.
- Pulling: Must be physically capable of opening doors and holding doors open.
- Reaching: Must be physically able to perform the following reaching activities: operating phone system, general office duties, etc.
- Hand Usage: Must be physically capable to perform continuous bi-lateral hand usage with simple grasping in order to perform all job functions.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be able to operate a computer and a calculator.
- Must be able to read, understand and analyze all state and federal regulations.
- Must be able to develop a working knowledge of all consumers.
- Must be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel within the Agency and outside of the Agency.
- Must maintain a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times in order to remain open and accessible to all co-workers, management staff, and outside contacts.
- Must adhere to Professional Standards as set forth by the Agency and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must be willing and able to attend conferences, seminars, trainings and meetings as instructed and serve on an Agency committees if requested.
- Must be knowledgeable of Agency services, policies and procedures.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency and be insurable under Step By Step’s insurance carrier’s regulations.
- Must complete required training in accordance with the Agency Training Matrix.
- Must actively promote and personally observe safety and security procedures.