Sign on Bonus available for a Limited time
The Community Employment Specialist (8th Street) ensures development and implementation of a community integration plan to enable persons with mental disorders to access and maintain competitive employment. This position reports directly to the Fairweather Lodge Coordinator, who reviews work performance for effectiveness and adherence to program policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Employment/Vocational: Conducts and coordinates an initial assessment to determine a member’s vocational readiness and skills and assesses vocational/educational functioning on an on-going basis. Engages members and establishes collaborative relationships directed toward the goal of competitive employment. Ensures members are linked with employment information and resources. Assists members with building employment readiness skills. Develops vocational/educational opportunities in the community that match the member’s preference and ability: 13.71/hr Full Time
- Contacts and tracks potential employers/schools for the job seeker.
- Utilizes a marketing approach to develop vocational opportunities.
- Develops traditional and non-traditional vocational/educational opportunities in the community that match member’s skills.
- Possesses knowledge of and communicates basic information about the impact of work on the member’s benefits and provides linkage with entities who provide benefits counseling.
- Accurately completes all data collection, monthly progress reports and other necessary written records. Maintains individual files on each member and ensures information in files is current and up-to-date.
- Orients industry/business personnel to the benefits of hiring individuals with disabilities.
- Attends local task force and business advisory council meetings as needed. Delivers presentations to these groups on the new vocation program.
- Develops and participates as a facilitator and/or co-facilitator in a training for staff regarding vocational/educational information.
- Develops and maintains liaison with inter-agency stakeholders regarding employment and education.
- Acts as a liaison and provides resources and education to other MH staff regarding employment and education.
Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in a related human service field and two years of employment experience in the human service field ; OR Must possess an Associates Degree in a related human service field and three years employment experience; or Must possess a High School Diploma/GED and five years progressive employment responsibility in the human service field. Previous experience in vocational rehabilitation preferred.