The Director of Non-Residential Services maintains overall administrative and supervisory responsibility for assigned programs in a defined geographical service area. Work is preformed under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President of Operations-Western Region, who receives work for effectiveness and adherence to program policies and procedures. The Director of Non-Residential Services acts as a member of the Regional Management Team to ensure optimal cooperation and coordination between all services.
- Ensures all assigned programs are operated in accordance with the principles of Normalization, Positive Approaches and the principles elaborated on in Everyday Lives.
- Responsible for management of community-based programs operated within the Western Region of Step By Step, Inc.
- Provides continuous supervision and direction over the operation of assigned programs.
- Evaluates programs for effectiveness in meeting the needs of the program participants, funding sources and oversight entities.
- Responsible for managing referrals and starting services within established time frames. Determines appropriateness of referrals, conducts initial meetings with the referred person and their families, ensures receipt of required information, arranges trial visits, prioritizes referrals, etc.
- Oversees and reviews all assigned services to ensure the needs of the program participants are identified, services are delivered and reporting requirements are met.
- Maintains active relationships with Administrative Entities, state and municipal departments and government entities which fund, review, license, or otherwise influence the services provided.
- Coordinates licensing reviews and develops plans of correction for deficiencies noted during survey for review and approval by the Vice President of Operations-Western Region.
- Ensures compliance with all state, local, and county regulatory standards.
(Education and/or Experience/Physical Demands/Other Skills and Abilities)
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years experience working directly with individuals with developmental disabilities, 2 years of which were in a supervisory capacity.
- Lifting: Must be physically capable of performing the following lifting activities: Assisting program participants in and out of van (some program participants are ambulatory, some have awkward gaits and others are in wheelchairs). Lifting program participants who are in wheelchairs to bed, toilet, tub, to and from wheelchair, etc.
- Bending: Must be physically capable of performing the following bending activities: Demonstrating lifting techniques on program participants into and out of bed, bath, lifts, wheelchairs, vans, etc. Picking up dropped items. Assisting in changing program participant’s clothes.
- Twisting: Must be physically capable of performing activities of daily living around the group home.