Direct Support Staff (DSS) in Lattimer PA
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in other’s lives while engaging in activities you enjoy? Well, look no further!
We are in search of energetic, patient, and compassionate people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to adults with Developmental Disabilities. The DSS supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
There are many rewards of working as a DSS but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
· Starting salary of $16 per/hour
· $2000 sign-on bonus and employee referral bonus
· Weekly pay
· Work/life balance
· Paid training / free training
· Participate in activities while working with the people you support
· Generous vacation & sick leave
· Premium holiday pay
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
· Short-term and accident insurance
· Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost
· Retirement plan (401k)
· Over-time pay
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent.
Our homes are located in throughout Northeast PA from Carbondale to Hazleton.
Available shift: 10 PM to 10 AM Including weekends, and holidays.
Successful candidates will:
· be 18 years of age or older
· have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
· possess a high school diploma or GED
· have no prohibitive criminal offenses
· be available to work on weekends and holidays
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, political affiliation, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity