Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in other’s lives while engaging in activities you enjoy? Well, look no further!
We are in search of energetic, patient, and compassionate people to work in a cohesive team to provide supports to adults with Developmental Disabilities.
There are many rewards of working as a DSS but our employees say seeing the personal growth and joy of the people they support makes them feel good about themselves.
What we can offer you:
• Starting salary of $17.12 per/hour
• $2000 sign-on bonus
• Employee referral bonus
• Work/life balance
• Paid trainings / free trainings
• Competitive wages
• Paid to participate in activities while with the people you support
• Generous vacation & sick leave
• Premium holiday pay
• Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Short-term and accident insurance
• Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost
• Retirement plan
• Flexible spending account
• Over-time pay
• Verizon and gym membership discounts
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides supports to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent. The DSS supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
Location of available shifts in Philadelphia County:
Homes are located in Roxborough, and Northeast Philadelphia.
Available shifts: evenings and overnights.
All Team members must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED
- At least one year of experience working with individuals with Intellectual disabilities
- have no prohibited criminal offenses
- have COVID-19 vaccine
- be available to work on weekends and holidays
Apply Online today, Join our Team!!
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, political affiliation, parental status, and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.