The In-Home and Community Supports (Direct Support Staff, DSS) full-time position assists in maintaining the overall care and support of assigned program participants with intellectual disabilities who live on their own. This position supports individuals in their homes and the community.
- Participates in the development of goals geared to the specific needs and abilities of the individuals.
- Supervises and assists in the daily activities of program participants,and completes case notes.
- Ensure the highest quality of service is delivered and is in compliance with policy and procedures and regulations.
- Actively supervises and assists in the resolution of crisis situations.
What we can offer you:
• $2000 sign-on bonus
-Generous vacation & sick leave
· Premium holiday pay
· Health, dental, and vision insurance
• Work/life balance
• Paid training
• Competitive wages
• Paid to participate in activities while with the people you support
About us: Step by Step, Inc is a non-profit organization that provides support to over 2000 individuals with intellectual disabilities, autism, mental illness, and substance abuse. Our community-based programs provide a setting where individuals we serve can be independent. The DSS supports those in our care to reach their highest potential by providing them with assistance to achieve their goals and their daily activities.
Available shifts: Full-time/day and evening shifts.
All Team Members must:
• be 18 years of age or older
• have a current driver’s license with no suspensions or points within the past three years
• possess a high school diploma or GED
• have no prohibitive criminal offenses
• be available to work on weekends and holidays
Apply Online today, Join our Team!!
Step By Step is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. At Step By Step, we are committed to and value an inclusive and diverse workforce and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our workforce is critical to our success. Equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and staff without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, parental status and any other characteristics or protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based upon qualifications, merit, and business necessity.