Working with a team providing support to individuals with the diagnosis of Developmental Disability. Site size vary from one individual to four individuals (most have two). Enjoy outings and activities with the individuals that are supported and the entire team. We require flexibility, work every other weekend. Must possess a valid driver’s license with nor more than 2 at fault accidents, no suspensions or revocations and no DUI convictions.
- Provides services in a manner that supports the cultural affiliations of the program participant.
- Assists in implementing and monitoring the progress of habilitation goals that are program participant specific, strength based, outcome oriented and relevant to the program participant’s everyday life.
- Reports all allegations/suspicions of abuse to supervisory staff immediately, ensures program participant’s safety and documents the incident prior to leaving the shift.
- Responsible to respond to emergency situations, including notification of appropriate personnel and accurate documentation. Responsible to secure additional staffing so the employee can follow the ambulance to the local hospital during medical emergencies to support the participant in the Emergency Room.
- Implements daily activities that are based on individual strengths and interests.
- Assist program participants to deal more effectively with situations that affect their ability to actively participate in habilitation programs within the program and the community. These situations include but are not limited to behavioral issues and concerns, interpersonal relationships and community responsibilities.
- Provides social and recreational activities, both at the residential program and within the community.
- Transports program participants to various locations, such as day program, doctor/clinic appointments, recreational activities, etc.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS (Education and/or Experience/Physical Demands/Other Skills and Abilities)
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent