Work with a team of professionals working to enrich the lives of others!
We are looking for a leader who is able to provide the best service possible and to lead a team of dedicated staff to ensure the individuals in service are receiving the best life has to give.
Salary starts at $14.81/hr. Experience and education level will be taken into consideration.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and minimum 5 years direct care DD experience or minimum 1 year supervisory experience and 2-3 years direct care DD experience; OR
- Associate’s degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university and minimum 3 years direct care DD experience or minimum 1 year supervisory experience and 1 year direct care DD experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and minimum 1 year direct care Developmental Disability experience.
- Direct supervision of the Community Home positions with weekly documented face-to-face contact.
- Ensures all Community Home Staff are following the principles of Normalization, Positive Approaches and the principles elaborated in Everyday Lives.
- Meets with employees, formally and informally.
- Develops systematic competency-based training plan for all positions for probationary period.
- Provides on-site role modeling.
- Provides training during site staff meetings.
- Provides timely completion of Community Home staff performance evaluations reflective of on-going documentation of the employees’ progress. Develops effective goal and performance plans.
- Responsible for monitoring and enhancing Community Home staff morale.
- Assists Community Home staff in the continuation of their professional growth and helps them keep current with the field of Developmental Disabilities.
- Develops and monitors Community Home staff schedule.
- Participates in Supervisory review of all Community Home schedules to ensure adequate site coverage and maximum service delivery.
- Fulfills on-call responsibilities, which includes assuming the primary responsibilities, training and monitoring Community Home staff in the On-call procedures.
- Develops a training plan each year which includes in-service training and annual training for Community Home staff to ensure the minimum number of hours of training in a service year is received in accordance with the Agency Training Matrix and program regulations.
- Participates as a facilitator and/or co-facilitator in a minimum of one ongoing training for Regional Staff.
- Verifies and authorizes the accurate calculation of the daily census.
- Reviews consumer documentation for: accuracy, timeliness, writing quality, consumer driven, habilitative outcome reflected, measurable, show progress, consistency between documents.
- Ensures timely completion and submission of all safety meetings, inspections, and disaster drills.