Step By Step, Inc.
Step By Step, Inc. is a non-profit statewide human service provider in Pennsylvania. We are seeking a Behavior Support Specialist for the Lehigh Valley Region (Lehigh/Northampton Counties) as a member of the Lehigh Valley’s Developmental Disabilities Services team.
The Behavior Support Specialist:
- Conducts Functional Behavioral Assessments and other assessments as indicated.
- Develops and maintains behavior support plans which utilize positive strategies and are based on Functional Behavioral Assessments
- Identifies treatment modalities/strategies, behavioral goals and intervention techniques that are proactive, strength’s based, non-aversive and individualized to meet the individual’s needs.
- Collects and evaluates behavioral data.
- Conducts training related to the implementation of the behavior support plans for the participant, family member and staff
- Collaborates and acts as a liaison between the participant, family, and their team in order to develop positive interventions to address issues or concerns.
- Effectively schedules and participates in meetings to assess the individual’s progress and determine modifications where necessary.
- Observes individual in various settings.
- Monitors implementation of the behavior support plan and revises as needed
- Obtains supervision on monthly basis with the Agency’s Adult Behavioral Support Services team to review caseload to ensure utilization of positive strategies that are based on the appropriate assessment tools.
The person who fills this role will enjoy working with a diverse, dedicated team, with really impressive number of years of experience, that believe in our mission of “enhancing the quality of life and personal growth of those we serve through support for individual choice and independence. Our vast array of services focuses on meeting the needs of individuals, across the lifespan, while maintaining a vision toward each person’s desire, ability, and right to be a productive and valued member of the community. Step By Step, Inc. strongly and passionately believes in each individual’s ability to succeed in life, through personal empowerment with dignity and respect!”
Master’s degree in psychology, social work, special education or a related human service field; and two years experience working with people with an intellectual disability or Autism.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: $43,000 to $48,000 /year
Driver’s License Required
- Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision, child and spouse coverage available)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays (up to 42 days per year)
- Paid Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, send resume to: email@example.com
or visit our website to complete an online application https://stepbystepusa.com/careers/lehigh-valley/
Step By Step, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer