The Assistant Director of Developmental Disability Services maintains overall administrative and supervisory responsibilities for all assigned community residential programs operated by Step By Step, Inc. in the Philadelphia County service area while implementing the vision, mission, and core values established by Step By Step, Inc.
- Supervise and direct the work of subordinate staff and ensures that programs meet all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Prepares and submits reports and forms as required in order to meet regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Represents the company in developing and maintaining good working relationships with the county DD/BH program and other governmental and non-governmental agencies.
- Monitors the condition of all assigned agency leased or owned properties. Obtains competitive bids within the project area for necessary repairs, renovations, and property/supply needs.
- Reviews, approves, and complete employee time-sheets, annual/sick leave, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Conducts periodic reviews and assessments of services, individual needs, and staff needs.
- Actively participates in the management on-call system.
- Establishes and Maintains effective working relationships with county and state officials, individuals, families, and other service groups.
- Supervise Program Managers and the general operations of homes in the assigned service area.
- Must have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must have at least one year of experience working in the human service or related field and supervisory experience.
Other Requirements :
- Valid Drivers License with a clean driving record
- No prohibitive criminal offenses
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent supervisory skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills