Mission and Standards
Step By Step, Inc., a community based, human service agency, is committed to enhancing the quality of life and personal growth of those we serve through support for individual choice and independence.
Our vast array of services focuses on meeting the needs of individuals across the lifespan while maintaining a vision toward each person’s desires, abilities, and right to be a productive and valued member of the community.
Step By Step, Inc. strongly and passionately believes in each individual’s ability to succeed in life, through personal empowerment with dignity and respect.
In Support of this Mission:
- We deeply believe in an individual’s potential for resiliency, recovery, and success.
- We believe in the personal need of everyone to be a part of and contribute to his or her own community.
- We believe that a professional and caring team of employees is our greatest and most valued resource.
- We embrace the knowledge that our partnership with individuals in services, family and community life is vital to developing, implementing and advocating public policy.
- We celebrate and respect the value of diversity.
- We encourage openness to creativity and innovation that promotes further success.
Core Standards and Principles:
- Ethical Professional Conduct
We will always demonstrate a professional and courteous demeanor. We are representatives of Step By Step, Inc. and a reflection of the quality of service we provide. We will discuss and review professional standards.
- Privacy and Confidentiality
We will protect privacy and confidentiality and only convey information to the appropriate person at the correct time and place.
- Professional Relationships with Service Groups
We will develop and maintain professional interactions, which are based on respecting and valuing others.
We will communicate in a factual and honest manner. We will identify ourselves and are accountable when making verbal and written communications.
- Fiscal Practices
We will maximize and emphasize the careful use of limited financial resources. We will select and utilize vendors based on fair and open process and avoid conflict of interest. We will be accountable and accurately record the use of all Step By Step, Inc. resources
- Direct Care Services
We will deliver the highest quality of direct services to individuals in our programs.
- Professional Growth
We will seize opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge, as the process of growth is never ending.
We will collaborate with external and internal resources. We value contributions of expertise and skills.
We will celebrate and respect a diverse work culture.
- Administrative Services
We provide administrative services for support, leadership, resources and visionary direction.
- Community Services
We will be good neighbors. We will be active and contributing members of the neighborhood.
We are advocates. As an advocate, we will educate the community on the mission of Step By Step, Inc. and promote the desires and the needs of the individuals in our services.